Ethos and Values
From the outset our commitment has been to vulnerable people across Birmingham and the vital role that housing contributes to their well-being, a core element of our service provision. We also understand the value of good support and human contact to enhance mental health.
At Future HSC, it is our belief that:
a combination of a secure and therapeutic living environment together with appropriate person-centred support and signposting is the key to enabling individuals to build a meaningful, more independent life in a positive community setting
Future HSC, Principles of Governance
To promote the independence of vulnerable people to live as independently as possible in the community of their choice; in so doing the organisation will develop from its grass roots to become a leading national provider of health and social care services.
We will achieve our mission by:
- Promoting person-centred services
- Focusing on service user involvement and choice
- Being a sustainable community business
- Promoting workforce development
- Recognising and respecting diversity
- Being committed to working in partnership with all those who assist us in achieving our objectives
Values in Action
This website provides many examples of our Beliefs, Mission and Values being applied in practice. For specific examples, you might like to visit pages on:
- Our Housing Service and the commitment to provide good quality accommodation along with excellent support and signposting offered by our Housing Officers.
- The work of our Flexible Future Forum in Involving People: tenants, service users, families, carers, staff, partners and any other ‘Friends of Future’. Future HSC continuously runs several extensive Training and Development sessions to benefit all.
- The person-centred support taking place in our Supported Living/Crisis House particularly through the use of the Recovery Star tool.
- The wide Diversity and camaraderie amongst all of us here at Future HSC.
- To hear real experiences of People we have helped.